Sunday, March 15, 2009

Family, friends and foes (I)

There are 5 types of people around you and they daily influence your freaking life: family, friends, foes, mate and others. If I were to categorize people from my obtuse angle, those 5 would be it.

Family
Almost everyone has some special people which fall under this category. Most likely everyone puts here their blood relatives (and perhaps include their mate). My criteria is not special, it's just like this and perhaps any other regular Joes out there.

I could fill endless pages about them, you could as well... some funny things, some cushy ones, sad and joy... all is there... in the unwritten pages.

But what I'll write about them is how interesting my view is or rather how they influence my life. They are "out there", far away, as I have departed on my own path.

Short description:
- mother: kind and smart, hunted by her mother's genetic legacy (cheap and selfish)
- father: kind and extra smart, overweight and sensitive to emotions lately
- brother: 8 years older, has "it's own family", genetic inheritance: stubborn, kind, family guy
- cousin: 4 years older, has "it's own family", always in debts, scary face and muscle mass, also kind
- my father's parents: either love them, either hate them
- my mother's mother: she's quite a character...
- my mother's sister: also my god-mother at the wedding, very kind, lovely character, good friend with my future ex wife.
- a few others...
- me: 1000km away from them!

Well, with all the distance... I can say they still make quite a stir in my life. Of course everyone is bound to the unsaid rule of helping the others in need or doing it without asking. And from this bounding is getting out all the interesting things.

For example my folks are trying to give me advices on what to do with my upcoming divorce... of course I kindly reject their opinions since they have absolutely no clue how things actually work in my world. I'm still glad I haven't said anything for an year or so to them about this separation between me and my wife...

Get your head straight, find out what you want - then share it with them. Otherwise... they'll pawn me with their opinions: you should do this, you should go there, come back from where you are, don't buy that car - eats too much gas, have you been to the dentist? when are you moving to a different flat? and etc... I believe the word is nagging :)

But no matter what they say, no matter what they do: they are my family and I'll go right over everything... perhaps say "chill" or pretend I didn't hear something... and go back as being family.

The point of where they stay in my universe is "there". For some reason I like being far way and yet I enjoy seeing and hearing them. Perhaps is the good times that lure me into it and most certainly, somehow, a distance must be kept.

Only by keeping a distance I can go on with my plans and life in general with as little influence possible.

My father get's influenced allot by "his folks"... sometimes good, most of the time not that good. And they sure like getting involved...

Everything get's me thinking: how will I be with my kids? Ok, I know I'll be scary dad for them until they grow up... I'll do it for their sake of course. But what will happen afterwards: will I be a control freak? will I manage to let go and keep the balance between nagging and giving a good advice when needed? Will I be referred to as a good parent by them? Will I be in good terms with my brother even when I'll be 70 years old and senile? :D

Would you?

One thing is sure about family... time passes by and at a certain point I'll wish to have spent more time with them.