Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy new year: The Plan

New year came. Everybody makes plans, wishes for things to take a better turn, wishes for his neighbor to finally brake his leg, wishes for great time in their relationship [...] the list is endless.

Well, as well as you, I also thought about some of those things. One in particular a bit out of ordinary for me. I want to reconnect and get in touch with my old friends, see how they're doing, listen to their pathetic bragging or winning.

But I can't just call them out of nowhere saying "Hi, I missed you, how are you doing". Nope, I can't do that. Needs more finesse. Otherwise they'll think I'm in a suicidal point or that I finally lost it. Not masculine to just... call. You need an excuse, wright? If you don't have an excuse the conversation will go something like:
- How are you?
- Great, great, how about you?
- Well... not so good (wrong answer, they don't like hearing that)
I'm doing excellent... (can't say that either, they will hate me).
I'm doing okay... (the correct answer).
- Great, nice to hear from you, long time...
- Yeah... too long...

The conversation will go into social topics like did you got married, how's your job, any kids, what car do you have... all bullshit. I don't want that.

I want the real stuff, the stuff people only tell to strangers now-a-days (to read: people you talk to over the internet for some time but have no idea what sick bastards they are).

So I came out with a plan. Here is THE PLAN
The victim
- friend from childhood
- got his contacts last year
- we tried to interact a bit but there is always something in the way (or no time)
- has a full time job
- side small business of his own (probably not going that well)

The set up
- make him a business offer that would pop his eyes out.
- I pose under some alias of course and hide my identity until the last minute.
- several back and forth emails about the project over a few days
- negotiate a preliminary contract

The showdown
- ask for a formal meeting at his office
- meet at a restaurant because he doesn't have one
- he finds me instead
- I will use some lame pretext for being there
- bribe the waiter to play a little charade for me as in thanking me for helping him throw out some guy (the one the victim was meeting with of course).
- see how that goes along.
- see his face when I unravel my evil plan
- recap memories and chat (or take a punch in the face, depends on him)

The wheels are in motion now, the bait has been thrown. I'm pretty confident he's not reading my blog because my posts are boring him and he has no time. ;)

I do give him a way out of shattered hopes if he would only read my blog :P

For the rest of you passing by here, leave word of wisdom or suggestions. It will also show that you care about your friends and you don't want to be set up :)

3 comments:

  1. Darn... he didn't read the email.
    I failed miserably :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Quite a complex plan failed because of such a basic thing...
    Actually, this is not the first good offer that he gets, there were others...This is why his business is not going well...He just doesn't read his e-mail! :))

    Anyway...nice plan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey a trecut ceva timp de cand n-ai mai scris pe blog.
    nimic nou? ti l-am bagat la favorite :)

    ReplyDelete